Ulster County Healthy Families, a program of the Institute for Family Health (Kingston, NY), is looking for a new member to join our dynamic home visiting team as a Family Assessment Worker. Family Assessment Workers meet with families in their homes throughout Ulster County and conduct in-depth interviews to assess families’ needs and make appropriate referrals to area services and programs.
- Fully bilingual in Spanish/English
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- High school diploma and 2 years relevant experience required; Bachelors’ degree in a related field preferred
- Possession of a valid driver’s license, auto insurance and a reliable vehicle. Applicant must be willing to travel within Ulster County as part of the work day (mileage reimbursement is provided).
- Ability to accommodate a flexible schedule with some evening and weekend work
- Regular outreach to local agencies and attendance at community events
Successful candidates will demonstrate the ability to:
- Establish trusting relationships with families
- Gather information through reflective listening and excellent communication skills
- Show respect and sensitivity for families, regardless of their cultural, racial, sexual, gender or ethnic identities
- Work effectively in diverse home environments
- Identify community resources for families in Ulster County
- Maintain participant confidentiality and set appropriate boundaries with families
- Complete and submit required documentation in a timely manner
- Be self-sufficient and work independently
- Maintain a positive attitude and a sense of humor
- Work as a supportive member of a collaborative team
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is celebrated and welcomed!
Please contact Helena Costakis, Human Resources Generalist. Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com for interest regarding this Kingston, NY position.