Position summary: Working closely with the Project Manager and project staff, the Clinical Research Coordinator will work on genetics and genomics randomized study testing the implementation of EMR-enabled genetic risk information in primary care clinics in Manhattan and the Bronx. The purpose of this trial is to learn more about how providing genetic risk information to clinicians and their patients can help lower risk of chronic kidney disease and end stage renal failure in patients of African Ancestry who suffer from hypertension.
The research coordinator will assist in the daily activities of the research study including but not limited to:
- Leading recruitment activities in outpatient clinical settings.
- Collecting, maintaining and organizing study information using electronic databases.
- Administering in-person surveys as well as collecting clinical information such as participant heights, weights and blood pressure.
- Corresponding with study participants by telephone to schedule appointments and reminder calls for follow-up data collection.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with clinic personnel at study recruitment sites.
- Assisting in preparing study-related documents and maintain study files.
- Conducting literature searches and assist in grant submissions and dissemination of study findings as needed.
Education: Bachelor’s degree (BS, BA)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities: Previous research experience; Proficiency in Microsoft software (Word, Excel, Access) required; excellent oral and written communication skills; highly attentive to detail and very organized; genuine interest in community health and health disparities research. Prior experience working in urban communities preferred. This position is full-time; flexible schedule is required, with some evenings and weekends. Previous skills with phlebotomy (or will train the right candidate). Applicants must be willing to travel across study sites in Harlem and the Bronx, in order to be considered.
To Apply: Please send a resume and cover letter (specifying the position of interest on the subject line) with salary requirements to: HR Department – The Institute for Family Health 22 West 19th Street, 8th Floor, New York, NY 10011; Fax: (212) 620-0688; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org