Location: Poughkeepsie, NY: Under the direct supervision of the Program Supervisor, the Family Support Worker (FSW) is responsible for optimizing the home environment for the physical and emotional well-being of children and their families.
Essential Job Functions:
- Establishes a trusting relationship with at-rish families by initiating and maintaining regular participant contact, predominatelyin the participants’ homes
- With Supervisor and family, establishes a case plan with goals, objectives, and activities to assist family
- Utilizes pre-natal and child development curricula; implements activities to enhance parent-child interaction; performs periodic developmental screenings on children
- Assists parents in making and attending appointments for doctors, social services agencies, etc.; acts as liason between families and other community agencies; assures that all family members have a primary care provider
- Familiarizes self with available community resources and knows how to access services appropriate to the needs of participants
- Meets with Supervisor on a weekly basis to review cases and evaluate participant status
- Performs street and community outreach for program promotion and case finding
- Collaborates with colleagues to facilitate educations and play groups for families
- Bachelor’s Degree (Health Services related field preferred)
- Demonstrates experience in successfully working with infants, children, and families
- Demontrates motivation and ability to apply basic case management, record and data keeping, and counseling skills
- Experience in home visiting or case management fields a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate and WELCOME diversity.
Please contact Helena Costakis, Human Resources Generalist. Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with interest regarding this Poughkeepsie, NY position.