COMPASS Program for people living with HIV/AIDS
The Institute’s COMPASS Program provides caring, confidential treatment in a private setting. Our goal is to empower people living with HIV/AIDS to maintain good health. We provide medical care, behavioral health care, case management, and health education so that you can keep well.
The Institute for Family Health is committed to providing care to all individuals regardless of their ability to pay. If you are unable to pay for care, or if your insurance does not cover services, you will not be turned away.
Call today and ask for the COMPASS Program:
Sidney Hillman Family Practice
Family Health Center of Harlem
Urban Horizons Family Health Center
Ellenville Family Health Center (Mental health only)
Family Practice Center of Hyde Park
Kingston Family Health Center
COMPASS Medical Services
- HIV testing and specialized HIV medical care for adults
- Health education and nutrition counseling
- Treatment education, including the importance of taking medication on a regular basis
- Women’s health services, including gynecology, PAP tests, family planning, and birth control methods
- LGBT-sensitive services
- Referrals for specialty care services
COMPASS Behavioral Health Services
- Individual, couples, and family therapy
- Psychiatry, psychiatric evaluations, medications, and follow-up
- Help with depression, stress, and family problems related to HIV status
- Help managing relationships that may be challenged because of HIV status
COMPASS Social Services
- Case management
- HASA referrals
- ADAP applications (AIDS Drug Assistance Program)
- Assistance with M11Q forms
- Assistance with Medicaid, Public Assistance, SSI/Disability, etc.
- Substance abuse counseling and treatment referrals
- Assistance with pharmacy and medication home deliveries
COMPASS Community Education and Outreach
- Community based prevention and education
- Community-based testing and counseling
About our funders
The Institute receives Ryan White Part A, Part B, Part C, and prevention funding to provide specialized services to people living with HIV and AIDS.
COMPASS is supported in part by grant number H89HA00015 from the United States Health Resources and Services Administration. This grant is funded through the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Treatment Extension Act of 2009 – Part A, through the New York City Department of Health to Public Health Solutions.